Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Transfer Crush Tuesday: Lexi James (10/27/15)


I'm a first generation college student who got into her dream school, studying political science! I'm working in the USAC Transfer Student Representatives (TSR) Office, where I serve as the mentor liaison for the new mentorship program for transfer students- "Show Me The Ropes." The program pairs up senior transfers with new transfer students, so that they will have a mentor and a friend. This is the first year we're doing it and I'm so excited about it! The work we're going to be doing in the TSR office this year is going to be amazing, and I can't wait to see how it all plays out. I'm so stoked to be a part of the AMAZING TSR office! I'm currently working on graduate school applications, and it's so bittersweet knowing that this is my last year here. Having only 2 years here, I knew I had to do as much as I can in this short amount of time. There are so many opportunities for everyone here, you just have to go out and find them! I promise they're not nearly as intimidating as they may seem! Pro tip: If you want to do it or try it, just do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment