Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Transfer Crush Tuesday Michael Stinson (01/13/15)

Hey Guys! Happy Tuesday!! this weeks TRANSFER CRUSH TUESDAY is Michael Stinson!!! he is a fourth year transfer and non-traditional student. He is very active on our group and answers fellow transfer student questions on our group all the time. His focus at UCLA has primarily been on research. Here's what hes up to:

Besides the standard research requirements for the major, I've done directed re...search for two quarters. Currently I'm researching how republican and federalist ideas from the U.S. manifested themselves in Mexico from 1815-1840, and how these ideas and the institution of Freemasonry was received and altered by the Mexicans. Another aspect of my research includes finding links to cultural exchanges from Mexico to the United States. Historians tend to think of cultural exchange in a one-way flow from the U.S to Mexico, a theory I'm challenging through my research.
I’m also a history departmental honors thesis writer. A challenging task, working with a professor for three quarter culminating in a graduate level size paper. I’m proud to say in my journey I’ve won 2014 Ahmanson Undergraduate Research Scholarship. Coming in as a transfer and completing these task can be hard, but I can thank the people at the BRC for their help and guidance.

congrats!! Michael for all your accomplishments and for your constant support to other transfer student on our page!!

No comments:

Post a Comment