Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Transfer Crush Tuesday: J. Cesar Flores (4/28/15)

 This weeks Transfer Crush Tuesday.......J Cesar Flores!

Here is what he had to say:

"I really enjoy listening to hip-hop and rap music, especially in the morning to break a leg and get my day rollen’. Two of my favorite musicians are Yeezy and Skateboard P because they have a magic touch to their rhythms and lyrics. I’m a third year transfer, Spanish major, and seeking law school after graduating from UCLA. What I love most about UCLA is the geographical location of having Los Angeles at my fingertips. When I’m not in class I’m usually around town trying new places for lunch or dinner. One of my favorite places to grab a good grub is Carney’s off of Sunset, for Sushi I recommend Sushi Naples in Old Town Pasadena—stuffed jalapeno roll deep-fried in tempura with crab meat, and cream cheese makes for a meal that sticks to my ribs. For Burgers, I recommend Slater’s 50/50 in Pasadena. But my favorite food is Italian, I love lasagna, my girlfriend makes the best lasagna I’ve ever! I also like Mexican food, and especially love Cuban. And no I don’t’ like Porto’s grin emoticon. It took me a little longer than the traditional two years to make it to UCLA, but I’m so excited I’m here. I really enjoy my Spanish professor Prof. Van Delden, the literature is taught from a sociological perspective. I always look for ways to culture myself and become aware of other people’s customs, in order to experience life in a different light. I step outside of my comfort zone to get to know myself in different occasions and to meet others. YOLO. I know this is going to sound random, but Trader Joe’s has really good Babka cake, it has the perfect blend of butter, chocolate and coffee, I’m sure there’s a box waiting for all forty thousand Bruins.

On the real though, I like to mention that there’s an increasing wage gab between the middle class and the wealthy, furthermore as consumers, we must become aware of the quality of food we consume because even though may be organic, pesticides and hormone free produce, by the time it arrives at groceries, they’ve lost a significant amount of their nutritional value. As Bruins, my Transfer Crush Tuesday Tip is become aware of perspectives outside of UCLA. My Two Transfer Crush Tuesday Tome Titles’ are “Screwed the Undeclared War Against the Middle Class” by Thom Hartman and “A Government of Wolves and Emerging Police State” By John W. Whitehead."

No comments:

Post a Comment